{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project

+8
52 Ford F1
TAHOE
Cratethis
Nanook
frmula505
911TAZZ
Chris55
Reb Stew
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 Empty Re: Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project

Post by Admin November 5th 2014, 9:43 am

I used a huge washer, an old dip stick tube and welded it all together to make the French antenna.
Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 004-3

Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 007-4

On the inside you can see how it works. Power antenna will go in the tube and the dipstick will be used to hook up a 3/8 rubber hose and fed through the floor to get rid of any water that will find it's way in the hole during rain or washing.
Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 030-3

Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 023-3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 Empty Re: Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project

Post by oldman November 5th 2014, 2:58 pm

Admin wrote:I used a huge washer, an old dip stick tube and welded it all together to make the French antenna.
Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 004-3

Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 007-4

On the inside you can see how it works. Power antenna will go in the tube and the dipstick will be used to hook up a 3/8 rubber hose and fed through the floor to get rid of any water that will find it's way in the hole during rain or washing.
Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 030-3

Bubblegum & Bailing Wire project - Page 3 023-3
That's pretty cool there with the dip stick I'll have to do that on my mercury .
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook November 5th 2014, 7:22 pm

Now THAT is cool! Fine work, Steve! Smile

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 November 6th 2014, 12:20 am

Are we gonna get anymore days to work on it, whens the next session?
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil November 6th 2014, 4:14 am

Dang I would have bought that seat for my brother-in-law's '71. Somebody got lucky...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin November 6th 2014, 4:55 am

Marty042 wrote:Are we gonna get anymore days to work on it, whens the next session?
I just been tinkering with it when I have time Marty. To be honest I was a little disappointed in the turnout. I'm glad for the ones that showed but I had a ton of people talking to me about stuff like this for years wanting to do it and some of those people said they would be there and never showed. I was just a little let down by the whole deal. I guess I got my feelings in the way of reality. I'm always game to show anyone anything they want to learn but I'll never do another work session like this one was suppose to be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin November 6th 2014, 4:56 am

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:Dang I would have bought that seat for my brother-in-law's '71.  Somebody got lucky...
It was a nice seat. I was going to keep it around for a future project but I was worried someone would toss something sharp on it and cut it. It was already getting a layer of Bondo dust on it. just never seems to be enough room for stuff.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 November 6th 2014, 11:23 am

I'm still game to coming over and giving you a hand. Just let me know when you pick it back up. I had a good time and did learn a few things.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ November 6th 2014, 8:56 pm

I've started working saturdays again so other than sundays I dont have a day off. I really wish I could have been a part of the build. There is so much you all could teach me that I want to learn.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3