{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reputable light commercial truck dealer

4 posters

Go down

Reputable light commercial truck dealer Empty Reputable light commercial truck dealer

Post by dieseldr July 6th 2013, 2:14 pm

Wondered if anyone down there has any experience, or knows of any reputable light commercial truck dealers in southern OH or KY. I'm looking to replace my super duty. I'm looking for a single rear wheel, 4x4 with a utility body. Partial to the blue oval trucks. But have no time for the 5.4 or diesel models, so I am stuck with the V-10- which is an outstanding engine in my opinion.... anyway, we have some "jockeys" here in NY I could get one from, but we are blessed with rust, and those that have no rust probably come from down that way anyhow. If you know of anything, send me a link and I'll check it out. In advance, Thank you all.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Reputable light commercial truck dealer Empty Re: Reputable light commercial truck dealer

Post by RustyKarr July 7th 2013, 9:37 am

Here's a dealer in Central Ky that has a big inventory with a lot of it being Blue Oval.

http://www.stigerstrucks.com/

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Reputable light commercial truck dealer Empty Re: Reputable light commercial truck dealer

Post by dieseldr July 7th 2013, 2:00 pm

Thanks- will give them a look-see.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl July 7th 2013, 4:33 pm

my second dad deals in wreckers and rollbacks, he always has his hands on all kids of trucks  and knows a lot of dealers  around our side of the country. His name is Joe and he should be in Monday the 8th,you can give him a call on and see if he can help out. 859-689-4888http://www.tiptonsap.com/default.html
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr July 7th 2013, 10:19 pm

Will give them a call, thanks. Went wandering around the rural area south of Rochester NY today looking around at the many independent dealers in that area. Nothing worth looking at. The Mrs wanted to go flea marketing, so it was a good excuse to get up there and see what was happening. I know I will pay more by going to a Ford dealer, but some of the NY jockeys here are usually hiding something with paint and powder, so you end up taking something home you didn't bargain for- plastic over rust, 2 or 3 trucks merged together to make one ( which they aren't supposed to do anymore with the "R" and "S" titles) but you know it happens. Nice thing about the western trucks, you can open the doors and see the jambs, etc and determine usually beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is the original tin and paint, so you don't normally get saddled with fatigued junk. Lots of miles on most, but they have normally had good care.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff July 8th 2013, 3:07 am

There was a dealer north of Cincy close to Fairfield on Rt 4 that dealt with trucks and there is one North of Dayton at I70 and Rt49 that also deals with trucks,there is a large used truck dealer north of Lima Ohio right off of I75 that also deals in trucks and I think its called Magnum auto sales or something like that.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr July 8th 2013, 3:31 am

North of Cincy,or Lima is getting closer my direction, will give them a look as well. Thanks.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down