{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone working on their cars/trucks?

+10
TurboPinto
Chris55
EdgeGT
dieseldr
FalconEddie1964
extenzegrl
Cratethis
junkyardjeff
911TAZZ
Reb Stew
14 posters

Go down

Anyone working on their cars/trucks? Empty Anyone working on their cars/trucks?

Post by Reb Stew May 25th 2013, 3:20 pm

If so what are you doing to it?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Anyone working on their cars/trucks? Empty Re: Anyone working on their cars/trucks?

Post by 911TAZZ May 25th 2013, 9:10 pm

thinking about pulling the engine and tranny. tranny has a bad pump and is leaking down, not a big problem but aggravating. thinking my running problem might be the cam, so i need to take it apart anyway. trying to find the time, worked 152 1/2 hours the past two weeks.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Anyone working on their cars/trucks? Empty Re: Anyone working on their cars/trucks?

Post by junkyardjeff May 27th 2013, 12:10 am

Changed the trans fluid in one of the daily drivers.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis May 27th 2013, 3:46 am

Finally got the brake lines run and got the car from the storage garage back behind the house. Not the best job and will probably go back and redo a couple of the lines. Will be able to do that easier now that it's home.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 27th 2013, 4:50 am

I don't think I have NOT worked on anything this long in the last 25 years. All my time has been put towards working on these houses. I catch myself wanting to pull something in and play with it but my time is stretched thin already. Should not be long now though. Things are starting to look up.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl May 31st 2013, 5:07 pm

pontiac = fixing rust in the quarters....pictures are coming
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 May 31st 2013, 8:00 pm

I just got my new license plates (stickers), does that count? Very Happy Plus we had a minor set back on converting the old Falcon to electronic ignition. Mad Some of the parts are too small for old farts that can't half see. Suspect It could be a land speed racer before it's all said and done. Junkyard Jeff and I may attack the Ohio Mile. affraid We're only a 3 point harness, new speed rated tires and a helmet away. cheers Oh yeah, and real good brakes. lol!
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr June 15th 2013, 2:53 am

Trying to get the A/C hooked up on the 54 pickup, have to make all the comp brackets...  pulling the chunk out of the Yellow Mach I.  Howls like a gut shot panther going down the road- suspect pinion bearings, got a N case 3.50 T-lok ready to go in, and it will also straighten out my speedometer mismatch.  83 F100 has a cleveland that doesn't run right, nothing else has checked out to be the problem, so I will be pulling the front back off to check the cam dowel to see if something slipped.  The green Mach I doesn't need a thing and is the driver now, all this and business has been the busiest it has been in 3 years...  so I'm makin' 2 sets of tracks- one from my feet, the other from my butt.  Plus trying to get a stand for the 428CJ so I can get that fired up- hoping to find a 66-7 fairlane in need of a big block to stuff it into.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgeGT June 15th 2013, 12:00 pm

Gotta replace the transfer case in my moms jeep(dd). Would be neat if it was just the chain! What a Face
EdgeGT
EdgeGT
Scrounger

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-03-23

https://www.facebook.com/david.hillii.16

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff June 15th 2013, 3:53 pm

Going to the junkyard to get a stock aircleaner for the womans truck,someone put on a cheap cold air system that sucks in hot air from the engine compartment,might get one from a Dakota so I can run the inlet tube to the grille for a ram air effect.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 June 15th 2013, 6:55 pm

Just got home from work, gona head out and fix the header leak on the 47, and hopefully work on the 55.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ June 15th 2013, 7:09 pm

new head unit and speakers installed in the oldest daughters car. makes for a very happy young lady!
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff June 15th 2013, 9:09 pm

Going to yank a door panel off the crown vic to see if I can use aftermarket power door lock actuators,I found a bunch in a local junkyard but the new actuators are only about 10 dollars but are made totally different.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto June 16th 2013, 12:34 am

I spent a good chunk of the week changing the T-bird over from an automatic to a 5 speed.  I'm not finished yet but I'm getting there. Clutch cable won't be in until Tuesday and I have a few other bits to get. I had some electrical problems with the wagon. A friend of mine stopped by and figured that mess out for me. One bad ground will ruin your day.
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE June 18th 2013, 3:40 pm

Had to re-weld SS tip back on the Tahoe exhaust on Friday, rusted off. Luckily the hanger was welded to tip so I didn't lose it.
Gotta pull rear drums from Tahoe now. Drove to Indy and back on Father's Day pulling a trailer, back brakes randomly locking up, you can hear them "snap" off. I think the backing plate has worn grooves in it and they are sticking.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head June 26th 2013, 11:53 pm

Been getting the wagon going mechanically and had some electrical issues.think I have the electric finished now to finish the rest.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff June 27th 2013, 4:10 am

Put the edelbrock carb back on the 66,when the motor sat in the trailer for about 3 years there was no hose hooked to the carb and some water got in the carb so it needed to be cleaned a little. It did not help it when it sat around for another 4 years while I done the body work,I need to get some more fuel hose since I shortened it when putting the Holley on then put the aircleaner on and call it done and start driving it.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 July 7th 2013, 9:41 pm

Just throwing a oil change and some brakes on the Cutlass getting it ready for the River Run.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr July 7th 2013, 10:23 pm

Had two Ford collections go to auction here in the last month. One was a liquidation, and the other was an estate. You wouldn't know that the collector market was down right now by the prices there. Plus there wasn't anything extremely rare like a sohc or a boss '9. Some very collectible stuff, but people brought their big wallets, and their checkbooks too. Just have to go home and tinker some more with what I gots! Always something to do when you got a fleet of 'em.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by galeaiii July 8th 2013, 12:02 am

I made a Targa top out of an 85 Monte SS I bought for parts.
Anyone working on their cars/trucks? A5EA1C1A-F46F-4DDB-9DA4-752BF3E223DE-1773-00000108090FA40A_zps45cfb1de
galeaiii
galeaiii
Car washer

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down