{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does a guy do?

+5
Brownie
Arieldouglas
Marty042
Reb Stew
junkyard junky
9 posters

Go down

What does a guy do? Empty What does a guy do?

Post by junkyard junky May 2nd 2013, 5:10 am

Put some tires and wheels on the internet for sale. Got several messages along with one from a guy 90 miles away telling me to mark them sold. So the next day I call the guy and tell him that I would like to sell them soon and asked him when he thought he could pick them up and get them out of my way. He response was " Don't know when I can get them." ok. I asked about him sending the money if he wanted me to hold them until he was able to get down this way and never did get a response. Then I offered to deliver the wheels this past weekend for free and was told that he would call me Sunday morning. Sunday morning, noon and night came and I never heard anything. In the mean while I have a guy that is 200 miles away that wants them and will send the money down via mail. Since I didn't hear from the first guy, I sold them to the guy 200 miles away. Now the first guy is calling is meassaging me. Told him that I've already sold them. Anyone else ever get caught in this position? Sold a chassis to a guy in Mi 6 months ago. He put $100 down and said it would be a little while before he could get it. Four months later he finally told me that he wasn't going to be buying it. I just hate getting jerked around when I have someone else interested.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

What does a guy do? Empty Re: What does a guy do?

Post by Reb Stew May 2nd 2013, 5:16 am

If you get money down write it out when it will be paid in full and have him sign it. If he doesn't show then sell it to the next guy. Cash and carry here. First one at my house with the cash gets them. I don't want the hassle and have been screwed many times to worry about being a nice guy.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 May 2nd 2013, 10:29 am

I agree with Steve. First come first serve.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 2nd 2013, 11:47 am

If the first guy didn't want them badly enough to at least send a deposit (non-refundable) he can go pound sand. Rolling Eyes
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie May 2nd 2013, 12:24 pm

Arieldouglas wrote:If the first guy didn't want them badly enough to at least send a deposit (non-refundable) he can go pound sand. Rolling Eyes

Ditto! cheers
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ May 2nd 2013, 1:57 pm

I agree if the first guy didn't even Care enough to make a deposit, or return calls for that matter. Then he didn't want them that bad!
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head May 2nd 2013, 10:40 pm

First one with cash and its gone! Unless it's a member and there's so far that can go too.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky May 3rd 2013, 12:27 am

Well the guy called me while I was inside the house just now. Accidently left it in the garage. Then when I sat down to check my email and everything, he sent me a message via the Hamb. When I sent a message to him last night explaining why I sold them due to him not getting the money to me or even making an effort to pay me, I mention that I had another set. Well his reaction included some real good vocabulary and I told him him that. Called him back and left a message saying that he better not call back because there is no use for it.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 3rd 2013, 1:41 am

Just a prick! Laugh it off and sleep sound knowing you did the right thing.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Thepossumface May 3rd 2013, 1:43 am

Yeah i had that problem when I had to sell my 96 Bronco i drove from Tallahassee FL to jacksonville, he said he wanted it and I would bring it even with a half a tank of gas! But he clamined it was a POS, and nothing was wrong with it. But he forgot to tell his wife and she got very mad and said he didnt want it, and if it wasnt for my brother I woulda knocked him out cold,but I learn not to be the nice guy with thoese kinda people. and i only wanted what I owed money on it 1200 so it could be paid for and I lost my job, so it was worth the loss of money over bad credit.

Thepossumface
Car washer

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook May 3rd 2013, 4:32 am

Ya did the right thing...sounds like a jerky dreamer to me.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum