{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you say to a friend who's child was murdered

+2
Arieldouglas
junkyardjeff
6 posters

Go down

What do you say to a friend who's child was murdered Empty What do you say to a friend who's child was murdered

Post by junkyardjeff February 21st 2013, 2:34 am

While listening to a news report on the radio today at work about a young woman who was murdered in front of her two very young children the name sounded familiar,I was hoping it was someone else with the same name but did some checking when I got home and it was who I thought it was. It was a old girlfriends sisters youngest that I have not seen since she was about 4,her mother moved out of town in the early 90s and lost touch with them but have kept in touch with her father over the years. I am at a loss of words on this one.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

What do you say to a friend who's child was murdered Empty Re: What do you say to a friend who's child was murdered

Post by Arieldouglas February 21st 2013, 4:04 am

That is a tough one. No
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

What do you say to a friend who's child was murdered Empty Re: What do you say to a friend who's child was murdered

Post by Reb Stew February 21st 2013, 5:09 am

Nothing you can say will helps. If it comes up just say I'm sorry that you are having to deal with such a tragedy. If they want to talk about it they will but more than likely they won't. Don't go into detail. If they want you to know they will say more.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff February 21st 2013, 5:57 am

I probably wont hear from any of the family before the funeral and if there is a viewing I will attend.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie February 21st 2013, 12:25 pm

That is just not right to have to put you child to rest.
...Sorry is the only thing you can say...maybe an open ear and a shoulder to lean on. Had a guy here at work that this happened to. There is just nothing that you can say to help.
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook February 21st 2013, 4:45 pm

Wow, that's just a tough spot all around. We lost my 37 year old cousin this Monday and it was just such a bad feeling to see his parents torn up. There is a scene in the 2nd Lord of The Rings movie where a king is burying his son and he remarks to Gandalf that 'No parent should have to bury their child' and then he just breaks down. I tear up every time I see that scene. It's not the natural progression of life and when it happens it just makes things such and emotional mess.

I am sorry to hear about this, Jeff. I really am.

Sincerely,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff February 21st 2013, 11:50 pm

Still in shock,I can remember when she was born but was only around her a few years before her parents split up and her mother moved them out of town so I never seen her much since. I still have not heard anything more if they found out who done it.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl February 22nd 2013, 1:47 am

I don't know but I will pray for everyone...
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down