{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

honeydo list

3 posters

Go down

honeydo list Empty honeydo list

Post by dieseldr February 2nd 2013, 3:27 am

After 28 1/2 years, one thing I've never been pestered with is a honeydo list. Not that I am right on top of things, but she doesn't normally have to wait long to get her agenda supported when things go south. I must say, right after we were married, her washing machine broke- long story short, Mr Kenmore fixed that old clunker after it met with an unfortunate demise on the back of my flatbed truck hauling it to the garage. As time has gone by, Mr Kenmore has been quite reliable, never offering a whisper of trouble till last Saturday. What a noise! Tore that sucker down, after studying it for near an hour as I tore on it to figger out how that thing was built, and found the coupler from the motor to the tranny was shattered- she was a multi piece unit. I think it took longer to find the model # than it did to tear it down. The part came in yesterday, and tonight I got it all back in, back together, and the only thing I had left over was a harness retainer clip that snaps into the back. Fired 'er up and all the water stayed in the tub through the whole cycle, and all the cycles even worked. So I'm givin myself a pat on the back for dodging the bullet of buying a new washing machine- I just despise those new front loads. I am thankful my problems were that small- I house sit for one of my customers when he goes to his winter home in the Dominican republic. Wednesday night the hot water baseboard heat tubing (copper) broke from freezing last week in the -15 weather we just got rid of. Needless to say, it was on the 4th floor where it broke, and flooded the lower floors. It had just got to the first floor office when I got there, so I don't think it had been broke long, but now there is lots of work to do, and lots of remodeling for him to do when they get back in May. But all the walls on one side of all 4 floors needs to come out, it's octogonal shaped, so it's got lots of weird angles. As bad as things seem, sometimes somebody else has it a lot worse..... and all this can be fixed with insurance and money, so it really isn't a catastrophe- things could still be LOTS worse.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

honeydo list Empty Re: honeydo list

Post by Reb Stew February 2nd 2013, 8:54 am

It seems like once a year I have to buy something. A new washer, dryer, fridge, hot water heater or ??? Last month or so the dish washer and washing machine went down. Great! Evil or Very Mad

They don't make anything that last anymore.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook February 2nd 2013, 9:43 pm

This year for us it was a (needed) upgrade for our furnace and a/c unit. Got a $1,000 credit for doing this thru Owen Electric too so it was a good time to do it. But the extra $60/month kinda bites.

DD, indeed it could have been worse and many folks out there got it way worse. I try to keep that in perspective the best I can.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down