{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"breathecool" by Turbine products.

Go down

"breathecool" by Turbine products.  Empty "breathecool" by Turbine products.

Post by Reb Stew August 1st 2012, 7:25 am

I got this in a email and thought I'd share it. I don't want anyone to think they can't post what they think is a good idea for fear of getting slammed for their thoughts. Thanks for sharing Greg! Sounds like something to check into.

Hey Reb-

I'm not a scrounger, but I am registered on your website as "dieseldr". I'm the one putting the Isuzu diesel in the 54 F-100. I am sending you this email because I don't want to post it and get my (BEEP) in a sling for advertising. What I am telling you about is something that myself, and probably a good many of your scroungers might be interested in. I have painted my own projects for years, and always wanted an inexpensive way to paint more safely than a good quality respirator (mask), and the good lord watching over you. I am nearing 50 years old now and have been exposed to alot of nasty crap over the years and decided it was time to get serious about painting safely (or at least more safely). I found a product called "breathecool" by Turbine products. The marketer, manufacturer, and product support people are all the same people. You can get a half mask, a full mask, or for painting automotive paints, a full hood. The setup I just bought was the hood, with the air pump, with 50 feet of food grade industrial air supply tubing, instruction manual, a flow meter to set the flow depending on wether you have a hood or a mask, a complete working kit, for $550 give or take a few bucks one way or the other., I felt this was a screaming deal for such an item, having looked at many ranging from $800 to $2500. As I said, I just wanted to let someone in the club know about it to do the research on it, I am not sending this as advertising, or as an advertising scam, I just genuinely felt the need to let you know so if you see that it may be good for your members, you could pass the info along. I just painted my 54 using it. During the painting process there was never a hint of any type of fumes entering the hood, it flows a cool supply of air from right above your eyes, down the inside front of the hood lens, keeping it fog free as well as fresh inside. Not an air purifiier or an oxygen source, but a means of supplying clean air from outside the work area to the user. I was happy with the results, plus used with a tyvek coverall suit and rubber gloves, you don't need to jump out of the painting area and into the shower immediately to get the film out of your hair and to freshen up -- still a good idea, but the need isn't immediate. Only thing with the tyvek coveralls, is that they don't breathe, and you sweat your (BEEP) off during the course of the painting process- all my clothes were saturated with sweat by the time I stepped out of the suit, but I was clean, (relatively, except for the sweat) and had no fumes or exposure to chemicals through the job. Just wanted to let you know, and look forward to scrounging some more- BTW- should have some completed project pictures of the 54. Quickest project I have ever done. Started last October 5 working on this truck, and it didn't have a stitch of wiring, or seat/interior trim, or engine, the box was off and broken down into individual side and end pieces. Got the adapters made for the diesel, the C-6 in, elec, cooling, etc etc to make it all work, a vacuum control for the modulator from an 86 E350 to provide modulated vacuum to the modulator on the c-6, got it all assembled, with a 66 mustang bench seat, new weatherstrip, running boards, bed wood, I could go on, you get the picture, you know what it takes to start with a carcass and end up with something...... kinda proud of myself and my accomplishment. Hope soon you can see the pics.

Sincerely,

dieseldr
Greg
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down