{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving up to Jegs in the morning.

+4
RebStew
Mr. Fabulous
Roller Coaster
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Driving up to Jegs in the morning. Empty Driving up to Jegs in the morning.

Post by Admin January 20th 2012, 1:40 am

Friday I'm heading up to Jegs. Anyone need anything? No shipping cost but you have to pay the tax.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Driving up to Jegs in the morning. Empty Re: Driving up to Jegs in the morning.

Post by Roller Coaster January 20th 2012, 1:10 pm

On a separate note, I have a couple 10% off coupon codes for Summit that my dad picked up at the Cavalcade. If anyone needs one, the are good until 2/10.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 20th 2012, 2:11 pm

What's a Summit? Does the Summit family have any race cars for the themselves like Jegs' family? Jeggie is going racing again this summer and Troy, Mike and John all have one or two cars.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster January 20th 2012, 3:42 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:What's a Summit? Does the Summit family have any race cars for the themselves like Jegs' family? Jeggie is going racing again this summer and Troy, Mike and John all have one or two cars.

In these economic times, at least for me, price and customer service are the determining factors for whom gets my business. Therefore, at least for me, Summit Racing Equipment is a direct competitor of Jeg’s High Performance.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 20th 2012, 4:29 pm

YEP. IT'S ALL IN WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT AND WHO YA WANT TO SUPPORT.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 21st 2012, 3:37 am

After talking to an empolyee at Jegs today I'll stay with Summit from now on. Rude and testy. Nothing to do with the family but but if I wanted someone talking to me that is having less than a happy day I could have went anywhere. Now I wish I did geek
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 21st 2012, 10:56 pm

Never had any problems with the staff on my visits but I would not ask any big technical questions to any of the sales staff as they are most likely just hired for sales,does any of those places actually have anyone who could correctly answer any tech questions of the products they sell.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 21st 2012, 11:46 pm

I know what ya mean. I would think most are some what car guys. Maybe not pros but somewhat able to anwer questions. The snob wasn't a guy I ask a question to. It was a lady that was just kind of rude. It wasn't a tech question. I was just chit chatting and she seemed to be having a bad day and was just snotty. Everyone has off days, no biggie but when you work in a place like that you need to keep a good attitude or you should go home.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 22nd 2012, 12:43 am

I had a run in with a sales person at the west side Jegs store one day over price matching. He refused to do it and then wouldn't give me an explanation as to why he wouldn't. All he'd say is we can't price match that. No more. Even when I pressed for an reason. When I got home I sent an email to Jegs customer service and asked why they couldn't price match and why I couldn't get a reason from the salesperson. I ended up getting a call from Customer service, then from the store manager and the next day Fed Ex delivered a shirt, a banner, an umbrella and a 35 dollar gift certificate.

The sad part was, they had a valid reason for not price matching and I completely understood once someone took a couple minutes to explain it. I was impressed with the lengths they went through to handle what was actually a minor issue.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard January 22nd 2012, 12:59 am

I like Jeg's. Everytime I stop there, they always give me 1 or 2 free hats.

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 22nd 2012, 1:05 am

I need to go back there and get a carb spacer so I can put the Holley back on the 4 door,probably wait until the Ford swapmeet in april before I go unless someone else around here is going to Columbus.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 22nd 2012, 8:07 am

It was a nice trip up there even with the snobby lady. I went for the better part of the day. It was cold here but nothing like up there. This was taken north of Columbus. There was no snow here in Ky.
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. 017-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 22nd 2012, 8:10 am

I hardly ever go any place I can't find some old iron. There was nothing up there. I creeped through some back roads, looked around in all the cracks and corners but nothing!
I did see this house that looks like it was an old gas station.
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. 020-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 22nd 2012, 8:14 am

How boring was it on the open road? Well 66666 miles on the 'Yota was enough to get me to take a picture. Yeah I was bored. lol
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. 012-3

I headed back south and stopped in at Jegs to get the fuel cell. On my way out this 4X4 van was sitting next to me. Cool van but it looks like it's getting ready to eat that little 'Yota.
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. 021-6
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. 022-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 22nd 2012, 8:20 am

I thought I'd have better luck over towards Dayton Oh so Away I went. Again nothing along the way. I seen a couple old car I have seen before but nothing new. Kept going and ended up in Lewisburg OH. I stopped in at Sinister Hot Rods and talked to Porkchop for a while. He was working on a cool old coupe that was an old hot rod out of New York years ago. After burning a few hours I left and looked around town a bit. Still didn't see anything new, car wise. I gave up and hit the highway home. I didn't sleep at all the night before and the over 400 mile trip was taking it's toll on me. I was glad to get back to the house. Sleep
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 22nd 2012, 5:21 pm

Your yota looks like alot of cars that come in the shop with multiple warning lights on,it looks like you need to invest in a tire pressure gauge or did you let one of those small tire shops install some tires or valve stems for you and did you take a seat out and turn the key on. We were setting those airbag lights off at the place I worked in Sharonville constantly when someone did not plug in the airbag wires,problem with the Asian and European vehicles is they had to be taken back to the dealer to get light turned off unlike the domestics that just needed to be plugged back in.
RebStew wrote:How boring was it on the open road? Well 66666 miles on the 'Yota was enough to get me to take a picture. Yeah I was bored. lol

I headed back south and stopped in at Jegs to get the fuel cell. On my way out this 4X4 van was sitting next to me. Cool van but it looks like it's getting ready to eat that little 'Yota.
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. 021-6
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. 022-5

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 22nd 2012, 6:58 pm

One of the new tires has a screw in it Evil or Very Mad and it is leaking out slow. I bought a plug kit but I haven't gotten around to putting it in yet. Put 35 PSI in it and it will hold for a week or so before the light comes on.

The air bag light was suppose to be fixed when it was in the shop from when Amy got hit. The shop did such a poor job on the entire car I didn't take it back to have any of their screw ups fixed. I figured when the warm weather came I'd take care of most of it. They didn't fix the airbag light. The bumper is not sitting flush with the sheet metal and when they sanded it to buff it they missed a spot with the buffer bigger than a softball. I took it to this shop because of the good things I heard about them. I won't even take mine back to get what they missed or didn't do right. There is no way I'd tell anyone to ever use them for their needs. I'll adjust the bumper and buff it. I'll have to take it to a dealership to have the airbag light turned off. I don't know how to do that.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 22nd 2012, 10:42 pm

If you know anyone that has a up to date code scanner I think they will turn off the airbag light,the one I have is too old to update and since it will be a long time before I own anything that will have airbags and tire pressure monitors so no sense in spending the money on the scanner. Watch who you have change the tires too as alot of those small tire shops wont spend the money for the equipment to deal with the tire monitor systems,I asked a tire shop if the tire monitor systems can be deleted but they are federally mandated to be on the cars and no they cant.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto January 23rd 2012, 9:42 pm

RebStew wrote:How boring was it on the open road? Well 66666 miles on the 'Yota was enough to get me to take a picture. Yeah I was bored. lol

Am I the only one that noticed that the speedo is on 90?
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster January 23rd 2012, 9:57 pm

TurboPinto wrote:Am I the only one that noticed that the speedo is on 90?

I noticed, but that Yaris has a smaller weight to horsepower ratio than my 2010 Silverado so I didn't mention it. Embarassed
Yaris - 2,295 pounds / 106 hp - 21.65 lbs/hp
Silverado - 6,800 pounds / 302 hp - 22.52 lbs/hp
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 23rd 2012, 10:05 pm

TurboPinto wrote:

Am I the only one that noticed that the speedo is on 90?
Opticle illusion Twisted Evil

The little car gets almost 40 MPG and I have had it up to 115+ mph. It may go faster but it would take a steep down hill and pushing wind to get it there. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 23rd 2012, 10:17 pm

I liked the reply from Ma Bailey when she seen this picture. She said something to the effect that none of the other gauges was working and wondered if the speedo was broke.
This shot was coming back from one of my trips down south in the Plymouth. The speedo worked just fine. None of the other gauges worked but the speedo did. It was a little slow. If I remember right 5 to 10 miles slow. So not that 100MPH is any big deal but that old car rode smooth! You can see my reflection in the speedo. Two hands on the camera to take a picture. That car would run 100 in a straight line, hit chug holes and still stay true all day long.
Here's my cruising speed until I hit London, Ky.
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. DSCF3981
I stopped in at
Driving up to Jegs in the morning. DSCF3979

Driving up to Jegs in the morning. DSCF3912[/quote]
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto January 24th 2012, 12:13 am

I guess that I'm just a big wuss. I have absolutely no clue as to the last time I went 90mph on a public highway. It probably has something to do with the fact that I drive for a living and the last thing that I need is a ticket with a 90 on it.
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 24th 2012, 1:08 am

You're not a wuss I'd call it smart. I'm driving slow 90% of the time. Just at times on the open road with 100's of miles to go I get the lead foot. It also has to do with how others are driving. Some parts of Ohio they will run right over you. Look back at that picture and look at the lanes. I was in the slow lane keeping up with trafic. Note the other cars. Suspect
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down