{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am not having good luck with rebuilt motors

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I am not having good luck with rebuilt motors - Page 2 Empty Re: I am not having good luck with rebuilt motors

Post by Arieldouglas December 21st 2011, 3:02 am

Hate to say it 'cause I hate going there but Wally World has the best prices on oil around here. Even Rotella. That's all I run in the diesels. Never thought about runing it in the gas burners though. scratch
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

I am not having good luck with rebuilt motors - Page 2 Empty Re: I am not having good luck with rebuilt motors

Post by junkyardjeff December 21st 2011, 5:30 am

This is the only motor I had that did not like a oil I put in it,going to try the 15w40 in the 37 since it has a little rattle too and see how it does.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 22nd 2011, 2:17 pm

Did ya put any miles on that 55 yesterday to see if it still made any noise? It was nice enough to take it out for some miles, at noon it was 60 degrees.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff December 22nd 2011, 11:48 pm

I put about 40 miles on it last sunday and no noises,along with the mystery noise it had a constant tick from one or two lifters on the way home from Florida but I heard none since changing the oil.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2