{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodbye Direct TV

2 posters

Go down

Goodbye Direct TV Empty Goodbye Direct TV

Post by Z-YOU December 30th 2010, 1:07 am

Well, I ve had Direct TV for almost 3 years now. I went with a Cincy Bell bundle & had a 2-year contract. You know how it works, good price to get you in & then the price baloons the 2nd year. I completed my contract and didn't feel like switching, so I let it ride. The other day, I called told them I was cancelling to switch & they said they'd beat any other offer. When I saw the work order, they hadn't. Didn't have the 2nd HD reciever on there & were going to add charges to my existing bill instead of reducing them. After they tried to really screw me, I said forget it. Called me the next day and asked what they had to do to keep me. Told them I wanted the same deal a new customer gets. Wouldn't give me the same deal a new subscriber gets, so it's adios.

Insight doesn't have anything competitive so I can't see that. Dish has a pretty fair package I can live with, so that's probably the route I'll go. Wish I could get rid of ZoomTown and get a better deal on internet access, but I'm not seeing anything better that's less or no more expensive.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Direct TV Empty Re: Goodbye Direct TV

Post by RebStew December 30th 2010, 1:48 am

I'm sick of dealing with these TV companies too. Seems that none of them are worth what they offer. If it wasn't for the kids I'd just turn it off. I don't wantch that much tv anyway.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU January 5th 2011, 5:29 am

I looked at Dish and their prices for the programming are terrible. I also looked at Insight and they might be a little better than Dish, but they're more expensive. My wife insists we have this stuff, so Direct TV stays. I did get what I wanted. They keep track of accounts by phone numbers and email addresses, so I went on line and set up a new installation in my wife's name using her cell phone number and a different credit card. Also included my brothers' account number as a referring customer and got another $10/month off for him and me.

So I got upgraded to HD TV in 2 rooms and standard in a 3rd, with DVR in 2 rooms and cut my existing TV bill in half for the next 12 months. I hate staying with DTV, but that worked out to be the best deal for me.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 5th 2011, 5:37 am

Insight stinks. I wish I would have kept my Dish
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU January 18th 2011, 12:00 am

Well, the HD TV and free movies are very sharp. If you're a sports junkie it would be hard to beat the DTV package. I'm not into watching a bunch of college and pro b-ball or football, so it doesn't do anything for me. The cinema plus is a nice feature.

If anyone is thinking about subscribing to Direct TV get a friend's account info & save yourself $100. If you don't have a friend that already subscribes to DTV, I'll give you my wife's account info and you can each save $100. cheers
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum