{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to go to the track again?

+8
da injun
PONYGRL
RebStew
jbs10
big dogs 42
magicman_1968
xycho_wraith
Vickers
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Want to go to the track again? - Page 3 Empty Re: Want to go to the track again?

Post by xycho_wraith July 31st 2009, 9:08 am

i cant get up more less out but my dad wants 2 go agine

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Want to go to the track again? - Page 3 Empty Re: Want to go to the track again?

Post by jbs10 July 31st 2009, 2:06 pm

no rain no saterday
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 31st 2009, 2:46 pm

I miss the good old day when there were not so many people out and you could stop on a bridge to line up without cars cramming you in the tailend. I wouldn't do any street racing now a days but I do miss the fun every friday night.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith July 31st 2009, 5:28 pm

RebStew wrote:I miss the good old day when there were not so many people out and you could stop on a bridge to line up without cars cramming you in the tailend. I wouldn't do any street racing now a days but I do miss the fun every friday night.

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 July 31st 2009, 5:32 pm

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 31st 2009, 7:28 pm

Damn Dog...........You put a tear in my eye. We need to swap stories some night (or nights). Where I grew up we raced in the country when we weren't at the tracks in Kettlersville and Sidney. We would go out of town and close down a road to race on. We had the signs, lanterns and eveything. I wished we would have been able to take video back then because no one would believe it now. Up home we all had big inch motors and super low gears. My Ford used to get 3 MPG but I worked at a gas station (full serve with 3 bays) so I got a discount. LOL We used to go to Detroit about twice a summer to race out on Woodward on Saturday night. It was about a 6 hour drive with those gears and over three tanks of gas one way. One time I towed two cars behind mine all the home. One car chained to mine and another chained to it. It sure was wild up there. They had cars sponsored by dealerships running on the streets in the mid 60's. It sure was a different time.

This is what I played with for years. Had a 390 cid 60 over with 850 Holley, Crane, Mallory, Zoom, Edelbrock, M/T, 10 bolt top loader and a 456 or 513 gears. Was a hell of a street car when it was running.
Want to go to the track again? - Page 3 56ford-1
I'd sure like to do it again but you just can't go back.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 August 3rd 2009, 2:35 am

All can say is i had a real good time ran the truck 7 time 2 w/nos and it did not blow so that a good day at the track it was alot of work to get ready 4 it but it was worth it but i could not of done this if not for gage doing alot of work on the truck .and thanks to glen 4 being my pit crue when my back was out. so lets do this agin soon.
all ya the nos was a big rush that was allsome.what a rush.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith August 3rd 2009, 2:53 am

time did u get john

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 August 3rd 2009, 4:06 am

jbs10 wrote:All can say is i had a real good time ran the truck 7 time 2 w/nos and it did not blow so that a good day at the track it was alot of work to get ready 4 it but it was worth it but i could not of done this if not for gage doing alot of work on the truck .and thanks to glen 4 being my pit crue when my back was out. so lets do this agin soon.
all ya the nos was a big rush that was allsome.what a rush.
yea it was a good time.....i got five passes in with all the tweekin in between runs :pirat:....Joey helped me alot with the car and gettin everything ready on the truck and when im rushing around in a hurry i dont take time to say thanks.....So thank ya son!!!!! Daddy loves ya cheers I love you Very Happy .......i was happy with the car even though i didnt get my 10 second pass No .....but its there......im more aggravated with oil i got all over.....i need to work out something with my valve covers and jet the carb up and try again in a few weeks Very Happy... so far 11.77 all motor and 11.39 sprayin part of 2nd and 3rd gear with it popin and crackin (runnin to lean at the end....jetted the secondaries up but didnt get to make another pass)......but it was a great time Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 August 4th 2009, 4:49 am

xycho_wraith wrote:time did u get john
stuck in the 13s thats ok its got more in it. the top end is allsome.could get off the line fast enofe scratch
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3