{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew May 6th 2010, 5:04 am

This morning I was able to get my hands on a set of hood hinges, thanks to Marty over on the F Body Forum.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 001-8

Notching the front bolt hole for easy hood installation. More on this in the Tech Section. http://www.scroungers.net/tech-f30/one-man-hood-installation-t2963.htm#28093
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 002-5
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 005-6

Last edited by RebStew on May 6th 2010, 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by Cratethis May 6th 2010, 5:17 am

RebStew wrote:I want to replace a couple ball joints too. The car has over 130K and it still has the stock ball joints.

If you can, spend the few extra dollars and get poly bushing instead of just the standard rubber. When I rebuilt the front end of my Satellite I was very impressed with the difference and was glad I spent the extra money on them.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 6th 2010, 5:28 am

I have the poly for the sway bar already. I ran the poly stuff on it years ago when it first came out. Besides it was blue and that matched the bird on the hood. Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 Icon_lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis May 6th 2010, 5:33 am

cheers
RebStew wrote:Besides it was blue and that matched the bird on the hood. Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 Icon_lol
cheers
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 8th 2010, 9:06 am

I got my hinges and hood on the car. It took 3 or 4 trys to get the hood cut out enough for the hood to raise and not hit the scoop. I also hooked my gauges up where I wanted them. I made some brackets and hung them behind the carbs. I spent a few hour fabbing up brackets to use a stand alone shift light. I had it all done and started the car up to find out it didn't work. I messed with it for a while figuring it was something simple in the wiring or something but no such luck. I hooked a tach up to the same wire and the shift light worked perfect on it. Alot of waisted time on the brackets and stuff I made for the stand alone. I should have check it before I made everything I guess. The light would keep flickering on and off no matter what setting you had it on or what RPM you was at.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by ss 383 May 8th 2010, 3:27 pm

how u liken the 342s ...
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 8th 2010, 6:35 pm

ss 383 wrote:how u liken the 342s ...
Like a whole new car. I like it alot! Need to get a smaller and tighter stall now. That or put the 4 speed back in it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis May 8th 2010, 8:43 pm

RebStew wrote:That or put the 4 speed back in it.
cheers
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickers May 10th 2010, 10:10 pm

a pal id take 300 cash for that soild 1926 coul and floor frame 859 4417100 u said ask u first
Vickers
Vickers
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 12th 2010, 9:28 am

I took the package tray out and painted it. It was looking a little rough. The $1.00 spray can job did wonders. I also put my speakers and radio back in it. Not sure I can hear it over the pipes but I'm going to do something about that soon.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin May 26th 2010, 10:44 pm

I bought me some front seats for the Bird. Nothing fancy. They came out of a 90's Pontiac. When I get the funds I'm going to drop off the front and back seat to get them covered with some custom stitchwork so they match.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 6th 2010, 4:09 pm

A few guys are busting their butts to get their cars ready for the Pike 27 run in a few weeks. I'm going to take the Bird so I figured I need to get something done. Years ago I ripped the car apart for less weight. The front was only a rubber piece. All bracing steal and bumper was removed. It made a huge difference in take off but those days are gone. Besides if anyone backed into me at say 10 MPH the car would have took a nasty hit shoving both fender into the cowl more than likely bending the cowl. So off came the piece of rubber. I have another nose that has the bumper and guts in it I'm going to use.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 042-4
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 8th 2010, 7:27 am

I've had this front end for about 10 years. It was the nicest one so I kept it knowing I may yank the stripped rubber nose and put the complete steel bumper and stuff back on. I guess it sitting around all these years did it in. I cleaned up the core support and even had thoughts of doing a little body work and shooting some paint on it for the Pike 27 Run. After I put it on I was left with a lack of wanting to even drive it. The front bumper is waisted. Sags in the middle doesn't line up and is just deformed bad. It will stay on for now but I think after the Pike 27 Run it's going back to the barn for the rest of the year. If it's a toss up to throw money at the Bird or the 33 Dodge right now I think the Dodge wins. It's close to being done with less cash than doing the Bird up right.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 001-19
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 16th 2010, 4:30 pm

Tweak a few loose bolt on 454 last night. I tightned up the fan belt. It seemd to be running funny. One minute running better than the next. I figured out what it was. The two piece intake is together with 8 bolts. I notices the gasket was gas soaked. I put a wrench on one of the bolts and it was loose. I spun all the bolts a a turn or more with just my fingers. I guess that's what I get for not rechecking them after the motor ran through a few warm cycles. Also got the sway bar bolted back on. I still have the 90/10 drag shocks on there but they will be off soon.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 30th 2010, 3:13 am

Heading out to work on my rat rod. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 30th 2010, 5:14 am

which one the bird or the dodge?
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 30th 2010, 10:18 am

Bird.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 3rd 2010, 9:44 am

Gotta love living in the city. I was working on the 1/4 panel that dad backed into with the Bobcat. I was using a little heat and a small pick hammer to knock down the hi spots. I guess the goof balls next door called the cops. They pulled up and ask if I was beating on something & that they got a call. I told them yeah but after they left I started thinking about it. It couldn't have been that loud. Compared to what I normally do in the garage it was nothing. That or someone driving by thought it would be funny to call. Time to have a late night party Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis September 3rd 2010, 2:18 pm

RebStew wrote:Time to have a late night party Very Happy

cheers cheers
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs September 3rd 2010, 5:49 pm

whens the party?
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 3rd 2010, 10:57 pm

Sign me up i can make some noise!!!!
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 8th 2010, 2:29 am

I don't like a lot of fluff on cars. Trans Am's are loaded with it, flares, spoilers and air dams. I always wanted to clean the car up and shave the handles and running lights off the side. I think I'm past the door handles but what do you guys think about smoothing over the side marker lights? I think it would look cleaner. Should I keep them or ditch them??? I would have never messed with them but since the 1/4 got hit it's not perfect stock anymore. So doing away with them is no big deal. So what do ya think?
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 10 057-1-1
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs September 8th 2010, 3:11 am

I like so id say keep them there. I have a full can of the taillight spray paint if u wanna spray them .Smile
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 8th 2010, 3:25 am

I'm not much on shadow spray on a car that's not all black. If you are going to try to hide 'em might as well take them off. ????
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs September 8th 2010, 3:27 am

guess thats true and thought id offer
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next