{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desoto

+13
JRiggs
Butch Thompson
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
magicman_1968
DEMONSPEED
Blue Eyed Devil
Lady rebel
FalconEddie1964
xycho_wraith
RebStew
RustyKarr
Cratethis
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Desoto - Page 4 Empty Re: Desoto

Post by Z-YOU February 19th 2011, 1:51 am

I have a seminar I have to attend at NKU from 8:30 to 12:30 tomorrow. I could be there at 1:00 to help if you can do it then.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis February 20th 2011, 12:39 am

Thanks to Butch for helping me move the DeSoto. Now I've got to work with Steve as to how we are going to use the garage space. I'm supposed to be splitting half, but the car is a bit long. Yea... so long I'm in sideways just to get the door to close. It'll work out. It's nice to have it under cover. Can't wait for my next day off to start doing things to it.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis February 25th 2011, 6:31 am

Well... the DeSoto is one long son of a gun. She's got to be moved back to my place.

Butch... going to need your help to move the car back.

I was wondering... for those of you in the club that have a stronger welder... If I rent a generator to power it, is anyone willing to bring theirs over to help me finish welding the motor mounts and the trans mount?

I'm getting kinda discouraged with the project. I know they take time. This isn't my first project. I'm just not used to being at the mercy of other's ability's and equipment. I don't have a strong enough wielder or the skill to make sure this is strong enough on my own.
I know that once I can get this step done, I will feel much better about moving forward.

I'd like to get this done as soon as we get a nice Saturday to help make sure I've got all season to move forward with everything else that needs to be done.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 25th 2011, 6:36 am

Just rent a Miller Bobcat, I can come and lay some rod to it...check with R&M Welding, Arts or Weldco if they rent the Miller. I can make it over about anytime with notice. I can even pick it up with my pickem-up truck if need be.......513-312-8799
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis February 25th 2011, 6:43 am

Awesome! Hadn't thought about going that route. I will check with Arts as there is one right here in Newport.

I will let you know when I have everything ready. I've got to go and get a 2x2 piece of steal for the trans brace and the other pieces to finish the motor mounts.

I will follow up with you when it looks like everything is ready and we are going to have a decent weekend.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4