{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project

+42
Truxter Fordly
herb73
oldman
SMOKNZ
rainman
Brownie
Roller Coaster
hotrodaaron77
Admin
Arieldouglas
Chris55
junkyardjeff
falconwagon62
Moparcowboy
Nanook
Crucial
cornfield customs
Z-YOU
Vickers
Hellvis
4x4fab.com
JRiggs
DEMONSPEED
6-71Kid
1/2done
Mr. Fabulous
jbs10
Cratethis
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
puddin head
FalconEddie1964
Blue Eyed Devil
xycho_wraith
junkyard junky
LRS30
fuel10922
Rebel girl
big dogs 42
Lady rebel
RustyKarr
RebStew
46 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project

Post by CustomCabby November 20th 2009, 12:46 pm

cross ram

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project

Post by Blue Eyed Devil November 21st 2009, 2:50 am

Low profile 2x4. It will run better, fits the car better physically and is more suited to the era and style of build you are after. The other two don't flow with the car and are too "rat roddy" IMO...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 November 21st 2009, 5:19 am

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:Low profile 2x4. It will run better, fits the car better physically and is more suited to the era and style of build you are after. The other two don't flow with the car and are too "rat roddy" IMO...
I agree with all that.....Low pro 2X4..... Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 22nd 2009, 6:11 am

JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 4x4fab.com November 22nd 2009, 6:53 am

I like that trunk, I might pick that up myself....

4x4fab.com
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DEMONSPEED November 22nd 2009, 8:18 am

I like the beer keg fuel tank lol
DEMONSPEED
DEMONSPEED
Scrounger

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 3rd 2009, 7:10 am

I have been doing alot of small stuff that had to be done. Not really anything worth taking pics of. I did get it on the ground to figure out if my front steering bar was going to hit the front of my frame. It was close. I heated the spindle arms up and bent them about an inch and it looks like it will be fine now. I ripped the front end back apart and I'm finishing up the welding on the holes in the bones and should be shooting some primer on them and the axle in the next few days.
It's been cold in the garage and I just can't hack the cold now a days. I traded Vickers a 28 Chevy cowl for a nice BIG and very heavy No wood burner with a blower on it. It is about 4 foot high and and about 4 1/2 foot long. It was choked down tonight and I was hot. So winter shouldn't hold me back now. I have to get by Christmas and then I will be hitting it hard again.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 4th 2009, 9:13 am

I finished up my welding on one of the bones and was sick of all the welding and grinding so I figured I'd just stay with this one bone and weld and grind the other one later. I have sanded and primed this bone more times than I care to admit today. Below are some pics of what I thought would be the last coat of primer.
Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 085
Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 088
I wasn't happy with the factory welded so I just now did a little grinding and layed a very thin layer of glaze over the bone to smooth out the factory weld job. I'm letting my primer dry as I type this.Sand it down and one more wet coat and I'm hoping to call it a night. I'm beat. Sleep
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby December 4th 2009, 12:59 pm

Keep it up Steve, and you're going to be up there trying to snag the Ridler!

CustomCabby
Restorer

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 4th 2009, 8:22 pm

customcabby wrote:Keep it up Steve, and you're going to be up there trying to snag the Ridler!
Laughing Now that's funny. I seen a show where Scratch was talking about the rod that Foose built for the Riddler. I would have like to have been there to just watch what they did. The fender were all hand shaped. It still gets me how a guy can take a flat sheet and make a round part. I love this stuff... Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby December 4th 2009, 9:36 pm

I get so flippin envious watching all you guys with your skills and know-how doing all this stuff. I tell you what, you build it (no matter the cost) and I will trade you even up for the truck.... deal?

CustomCabby
Restorer

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 4th 2009, 10:12 pm

When it gets warmer and we have a work session just stop down. After you see it in person a guy can 9 out of 10 times do it himself. Chad (Rusty Karr) had never welded until he stopped down here one night and we showed him what to do. Within an hour he was writing his name in metal and building stick men trophies. Very Happy I think I had more fun watching him play than he did. There a picture around here some place of the little guy he made..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr December 5th 2009, 4:57 am

Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 Picture1230

Last edited by RustyKarr on December 5th 2009, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 5th 2009, 5:06 am

LOL where's the one of the stick man?

Last edited by RebStew on January 25th 2012, 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis December 5th 2009, 6:48 am

Nice heater! That thing is a beast! it looks like it could heat a garage twice the size of yours.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr December 5th 2009, 2:59 pm

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 14th 2009, 8:53 am

I didn't get much done tonight. I built a stand for my tubing bender and managed to get the rest of the front end ripped back apart. I've put it on and taken it off so many times now I could do it with me eyes closed. The other bone doesn't need too much work so hopefully soon the axle and the other bone will get finished, prepped and primered. Then it's time for some color. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 15th 2009, 7:18 am

I've been hanging out the the garage most of the night. I'm in the office now waiting for my primer to set up. Johnny and Glenn stopped in for a few. It was good to have company. The garage is full of junk again so no real place to hang out but it was warm with the stove going...
I did manage to win the bid on this glove box. I didn't really need the door but the dash I got from Doug was stripped down. No lock or emblem. I'll bolt this one on and it will at least stay shut and an emblem to boot. Very Happy I still need a speedo for a 55 or 56 Merc pretty bad. I've bid on a couple but they went to hi.
Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 BZ76DngB2kKGrHgoOKi0EjlLmWvIBKpFEH7
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 22nd 2009, 8:18 am

I spent too much time on the front end stuff. It will stand out and I wanted to try to make it somewhat okay lookin'
Stuff is hanging all over. I managed to get the paint shot on the bones and axle. I ran the air hose over one of the bones when it got stuck to something on the floor. It was at the bottom so I just soaked the paint to it. It covered but got a run in it. It's no biggie I'll nibble it out and buff it.
Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 045-1
Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 053-1
Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 054
Bread & Butter 27 Ford Project - Page 6 066-1

Last edited by RebStew on September 21st 2010, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 23rd 2009, 7:25 am

Worked for a few hours tonight. Finished up the trans cross member, mount and brackets for it to sit on. Got the dummy engine and trans back out of the car for like the 5th time and bolted on the freshly painted bones and axle. I was going to get the spindles mounted but after looking at the bearing for the king pins I'm going to go ahead and order some new ones. They are a little rougher than I thought they were.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 December 23rd 2009, 7:35 am

I will be in the garage hopefully on Thursday for a bit....stop up and grab that tranny or when i get my truck back together i will bring it down......
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 23rd 2009, 7:54 am

I may stop on up and get it if you will be in there. I may start ripping the engine apart right after Christmas and reringing it. As long as that's all it needs I may be doing pretty good.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis December 23rd 2009, 8:35 am

Looks great Steve! Keep up the hard work!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 27th 2009, 1:34 am

magicman_1968 wrote:Hey do you plan on putting some kind of bumpstick in there? Because i have a good vega converter that was in that Monte when i took it apart....i thought about using it with the 406 but i have another converter i was planning on using......i may put it on Craiges list or Racing Junk for maybe 75.00......let me know if you are interested.....
I'll take her Joe. I'm going to need one with that tranmission anyway, might as well have a little stall with a bigger cam.. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 December 27th 2009, 10:57 am

RebStew wrote:
magicman_1968 wrote:Hey do you plan on putting some kind of bumpstick in there? Because i have a good vega converter that was in that Monte when i took it apart....i thought about using it with the 406 but i have another converter i was planning on using......i may put it on Craiges list or Racing Junk for maybe 75.00......let me know if you are interested.....
I'll take her Joe. I'm going to need one with that tranmission anyway, might as well have a little stall with a bigger cam.. Very Happy
its all you man Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next