{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve's mini vacation through the south.

+5
FalconEddie1964
big dogs 42
LOCO64
silveradolady
RebStew
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Steve's mini vacation through the south. - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve's mini vacation through the south.

Post by LOCO64 December 9th 2008, 12:51 pm

LOVED THE PICS STEVE....WHEN YA WAS CRUISIN ABOUT 100.....WAS THE GAS GAUGE RIGHT.....ALMOST ON 'E''?
LOCO64
LOCO64
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Steve's mini vacation through the south. - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve's mini vacation through the south.

Post by silveradolady December 9th 2008, 2:19 pm

LOCO64 wrote:LOVED THE PICS STEVE....WHEN YA WAS CRUISIN ABOUT 100.....WAS THE GAS GAUGE RIGHT.....ALMOST ON 'E''?

Check the other gauges Taco. None of them were working either. And doesn't it seem funny that you can see Steve's reflection in the dash and he has one hand on the camera and it looks like the other arm is raised?

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 December 9th 2008, 5:06 pm

Mexico for tuck and roll see senieor count me in i love road trips. Very Happy Haven't been their yet!! Looks like you had a good trip im about due for one myself . cheers A man has just so many saterdays in his life !!!! pale We need to make each one count cause when you get down to it our memoris are all were leaving this world with. Cool
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 December 9th 2008, 6:23 pm

I don't know, a fortune as large as mine you might be able to take with you. cheers
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 9th 2008, 6:30 pm

silveradolady wrote:
LOCO64 wrote:LOVED THE PICS STEVE....WHEN YA WAS CRUISIN ABOUT 100.....WAS THE GAS GAUGE RIGHT.....ALMOST ON 'E''?

Check the other gauges Taco. None of them were working either. And doesn't it seem funny that you can see Steve's reflection in the dash and he has one hand on the camera and it looks like the other arm is raised?
I have aftermarket gauges under the dash for the vitals. It's too much of a pain to make the factory gauges work with the late model engine and stuff that is in it. The only thing on the dash that works is the speedo. Ma next time I'm down there I'll take ya for a ride. I did have my hand on the steering wheel but it wouldn't bother me to take the speedo passed 100 and let go of the wheel. It will still go down the road straight as an arrow. I have to admit it is nice to have an old car that has power steering, brakes and everything to make it drive like a newer car. I'm thinking about even putting on an AC unit on her this summer. We are gonna need it if Big Dog and I head off to old Mexico. I already tried to get Amy to go back but after the last time down there she said I could go by myself, she's not going back. lol
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by John B December 9th 2008, 8:40 pm

How much fun would it be, to make that trip with three or four old cars.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 9th 2008, 8:51 pm

John B wrote:How much fun would it be, to make that trip with three or four old cars.
That would be too cool.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LOCO64 December 9th 2008, 9:30 pm

HOW ABOUT A OLD SCHOOL LOWRIDER OR A SHORT BUS?...........OR I COULD JUST RIDE ALONG WITH SOMEBODY...................
LOCO64
LOCO64
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 9th 2008, 9:39 pm

LOCO64 wrote:HOW ABOUT A OLD SCHOOL LOWRIDER OR A SHORT BUS?...........OR I COULD JUST RIDE ALONG WITH SOMEBODY...................
Tell me that wouldn't be some cool photo's of the 64 sitting in front of the Welcome to Mexico sign.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 December 10th 2008, 3:07 pm

I might be talked into to something like that except I'd have to keep track of the days away because unlike you two, I'd have to get back to civilization to continue on my "career path" here at work. Would be fun to go get on Route 66 and head west for a ways before you turn south. Food for thought..................
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid December 10th 2008, 8:29 pm

THat would be fun to go to mexico.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by John B December 10th 2008, 8:45 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:I might be talked into to something like that except I'd have to keep track of the days away because unlike you two, I'd have to get back to civilization to continue on my "career path" here at work. Would be fun to go get on Route 66 and head west for a ways before you turn south. Food for thought..................

I own my own business but with the dark days ahead, I don't see it giving me the independance to take a road trip any time soon.

As for RT 66, I'd perfer to travel US 60, I've got a soft spot for the road and all it's old alignments
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LOCO64 December 11th 2008, 12:59 pm

RebStew wrote:
LOCO64 wrote:HOW ABOUT A OLD SCHOOL LOWRIDER OR A SHORT BUS?...........OR I COULD JUST RIDE ALONG WITH SOMEBODY...................
Tell me that wouldn't be some cool photo's of the 64 sitting in front of the Welcome to Mexico sign.
LOL........BUT THAT WOULD BE TO CLOSE TO THE BOARDER..........THEY MAY ASK FOR MY GREEN CARD.........I CAN SEE IT NOW, THEM HAULIN ME AWAY BECOUSE THE BOARDER PATROL THOUGHT I CRAWLED UNDER THE FENCE..... 😢
LOCO64
LOCO64
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson July 13th 2010, 8:38 am

this lloked to b an awsum vacaton too lots of cool stuff
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2010, 9:02 am

Yeap it was a good one. Just getting away, trying to get lost to see what you will find.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 19th 2012, 7:19 am

I dug this old thread up after reading Doug's thread. This was a fun trip. I'll be taking off again at the end of summer if anyone wants to go. Not sure where. Maybe FL or up into Maine.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2