{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08

+10
mary faulkner
JRiggs
da injun
magicman_1968
LRS30
The Skirt
1/2done
Mr. Fabulous
big dogs 42
RebStew
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 Empty Re: Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08

Post by RebStew September 8th 2008, 2:08 pm

Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 Picture166
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 Empty Re: Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08

Post by RebStew September 23rd 2008, 4:55 pm

We didn't have a lot show up for the cruise but we knew that going in with all the other stuff going on. There were also a few that met us at the Dari Bar. All in all it was fun and a nice run. 13 cars I think was what we had and I'm not sure how many people. We went back through RT. 8 after we left the Dari Bar. We ran around town and went to some of the members houses that couldn't make it that day. We were out all day only stopping to fix the late model FORD that broke down. Even ended the night in the back room of a Newport bar shooting pool till close to midnight before heading off to Dixie for some late night coney's. Even hung out on Monmouth St. watching the cops redneck drunks for a while. Pretty full day after I look back on it.
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3272
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3273
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3274
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3275
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 23rd 2008, 4:56 pm

Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3276
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3277
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3278
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3279
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 23rd 2008, 4:57 pm

Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3280
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3281
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3282
Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3284
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 23rd 2008, 4:58 pm

Scroungers CC Rt. 8 Cruise to the Dari Bar! 9-20-08 DSCF3285
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 23rd 2008, 8:34 pm

What's this a late model FORD broke down ? affraid Surely you jest !! pale And it took you Chevy guys all day to fix it!! Laughing All that could have been wrong was those darn chevy kept getting sucked up the exaust pipes. tongue I always knew their was too much induction on a FORD next time tell the owner to rev it up ever so often to keep them Chevys out of their!!!!!!!! Razz The reason you worked on it all day is you know Chevys. Razz You need the boys in Blue for the job. Very Happy Besides you don't send a boy to do a mans job!!! No Cause little boys wear bow ties!! Twisted Evil :pirat:
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous September 23rd 2008, 8:41 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:What's this a late model FORD broke down ? affraid Surely you jest !! pale And it took you Chevy guys all day to fix it!! Laughing All that could have been wrong was those darn chevy kept getting sucked up the exaust pipes. tongue I always knew their was too much induction on a FORD next time tell the owner to rev it up ever so often to keep them Chevys out of their!!!!!!!! Razz The reason you worked on it all day is you know Chevys. Razz You need the boys in Blue for the job. Very Happy Besides you don't send a boy to do a mans job!!! No Cause little boys wear bow ties!! Twisted Evil :pirat:

I FEEL BETTER NOW! I love you
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 23rd 2008, 10:06 pm

The owner worked on it. I run GM's so I don't have to full with Fords when they break down. Why would I want to get dirty working on a Ford when the owner could be cruising in a GM or Mopar. LOL Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done September 23rd 2008, 11:35 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:What's this a late model FORD broke down ? affraid Surely you jest !! pale And it took you Chevy guys all day to fix it!! Laughing All that could have been wrong was those darn chevy kept getting sucked up the exaust pipes. tongue I always knew their was too much induction on a FORD next time tell the owner to rev it up ever so often to keep them Chevys out of their!!!!!!!! Razz The reason you worked on it all day is you know Chevys. Razz You need the boys in Blue for the job. Very Happy Besides you don't send a boy to do a mans job!!! No Cause little boys wear bow ties!! Twisted Evil :pirat:
What a load of horseshit.
And if you're sucking things in your exhaust pipe you have serious cam issues. Suspect
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 24th 2008, 12:58 am

Thats what most gm's are a load of horseshit!!! Laughing The gm are the ones with the soft{bad} cam's been that way for years. Razz
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skirt September 24th 2008, 5:34 am

my ford runs great whos 34 was down and whos pontiac has rear end problems? hmmm i know Cool

gods gonna get me for that lol!
The Skirt
The Skirt
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 24th 2008, 3:39 pm

Whats the deal on that cross bred 34 did the motor (gm) LAY DOWN OR THE NO POWER MOPAIR GIVE UP !! Razz enquireing minds would like to know? Question And a pontiac with rear end problems Did Gm ever make a real rear end guess not. :!: Thats why you guys change them out and put FORDS IN THEM !!!! WE EVEN GOT A LIST ON THIS FORUM OF FORD REAR END SIZES SO YOU GREAT MISTAKE BOYS DONT HAVE TO RACK YOUR BRAINS TO FIND ONE THAT WILL FIT YOUR RIDE!!! Razz You know im not afraid of god getting me for this cause he knows the truth too thats why he sent Henry Ford down to us!!! Laughing ⭐
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 24th 2008, 7:22 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:Whats the deal on that cross bred 34 did the motor (gm) LAY DOWN OR THE NO POWER MOPAIR GIVE UP !! Razz enquireing minds would like to know? Question And a pontiac with rear end problems Did Gm ever make a real rear end guess not. :!: Thats why you guys change them out and put FORDS IN THEM !!!! WE EVEN GOT A LIST ON THIS FORUM OF FORD REAR END SIZES SO YOU GREAT MISTAKE BOYS DONT HAVE TO RACK YOUR BRAINS TO FIND ONE THAT WILL FIT YOUR RIDE!!! Razz You know im not afraid of god getting me for this cause he knows the truth too thats why he sent Henry Ford down to us!!! Laughing ⭐
You guys should watch what you ask for. Laughing
My 34 is down at this time because of some of the few FORD parts that are on it. The 40 Ford front end took a dump! FORD FORD FORD!!!! Just like when I had to change the rearend. It was a FORD!
As for the Pontiac it was smoking any production Ford back in the 60's. It's called horsepower that is snapping those rearends. Something that you Ford boys should try from time to time. Drive a Chevy sometime that way when we go cruising you won't have to hold up us GM guys while you fix your rides..
⭐ ⭐ Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 24th 2008, 8:10 pm

OK reb a 68 year old front susp.took a dump lets see how you work after 68 years and how well you turn as i recall you don't work all that well now!! Sad Its took some work to keep you going also Laughing and if FORD rearends are so bad why do the gm guys use them Razz because they can take it and keep working a 8 inch rear end was still better than a gm but if your serious you use a 9 inch detroit locker with a N on the case Evil or Very Mad as for Horsepower you can't fatham what I have made from a FORD motor and put to the ground street,strip, or truck pull !!!! Twisted Evil You fellows with the bow ties keep beleving in your false hope cause one of the days youll see the light !!! Sad Besides if you really want to go fast as you well know you got to spend a few bucks ask the guys in nascar', NHRA, OR NTPA or any other auto sport!! I have a few years on you chevy boy!!! Cool : O yeah one other thing what do Jack Rouse ,STeve Saleen, Carol Shelby and a few others have in common ? Question They like to go fast in late model Ford MUSTANGS !!!! Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes ⭐ They don't do new gms or mopars :king: :king: :king:

Last edited by big dogs 42 on September 24th 2008, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done September 24th 2008, 8:32 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:OK reb a 68 year old front susp.took a dump lets see how you work after 68 years and how well you turn as i recall you don't work all that well now!! Sad Its took some work to keep you going also Laughing and if FORD rearends are so bad why do the gm guys use them Razz because they can take it and keep working a 8 inch rear end was still better than a gm but if your serious you use a 9 inch detroit locker with a N on the case Evil or Very Mad as for Horsepower you can't fatham what I have made from a FORD motor and put to the ground street,strip, or truck pull !!!! Twisted Evil You fellows with the bow ties keep beleving in your false hope cause one of the days youll see the light !!! Sad Besides if you really want to go fast as you well know you got to spend a few bucks ask the guys in nascar', NHRA, OR NTPA or any other auto sport!! I have a few years on you chevy boy!!! Cool : O yeah one other thing what do Jack Rouse ,STeve Saleen, Carol Shelby and a few others have in common ? Question They like to go fast in late model Ford MUSTANGS !!!! Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes ⭐
You might want to check to see who's leading the points in Pro Stock. Rolling Eyes
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous September 24th 2008, 9:48 pm

Yeah, Jack's only been building HP for the NASCAR and road race boys lately. When they changed the rules in the NHRA years ago to outlaw what Wayne and Jack were running, they left. When Ford said goodbye to Glidden, that was it in Pro Stock for Ford. However, Bob's one Fairmont never was beaten. John Kasse can make the power but the inches are too big. Cunningham almost put his Ford in the field @ Indy but being a privateer, the $$ just aren't there. However the twin turbo Mustang was by far the class of the field in comp eliminator the other week. Steve was way under his index.

Nuff for now.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done September 24th 2008, 11:59 pm

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. All my cars are shit except my 91 F150 that's too rusty to drive.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skirt September 25th 2008, 12:22 am

im in the dog house now !!! :|
The Skirt
The Skirt
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 September 25th 2008, 12:26 am

WOW.. now thats a good post....lol OBAMA in 08 (just wanna see who is paying attention to all this crap)
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 25th 2008, 2:18 am

Honey don't worry about being in the dog house! Surprised The big dog has a house out back if you need it you shouldn"t be chastized for telling the truth > Mad Funny thing is if a chebby or mopar lays down the gm boys don"t put any pictures on the this web site of them just the fords Rolling Eyes They must be camera shy i rememger a pontiac that was dumping gas at A newport show that steve went to help limp it in i belive it was blue and said gas tires and oil on the side Very Happy and let us not forget Steves Dodge it had something wrong with it for goodguys and the old time drags LRS30 member he could"t make it either even after i told him to bring it on my Ford was there waiting sunny Now we got problem for the pumkin run funny how this works!!! BUT THEM CHEBBYS ARE EASY TO WORK ON RIGHT BOYS YOU DO ENOUGH OF IT!! Oh BY THE WAY MACAINE/PAILEN IN 08 im AWAKE!! :king: lol!
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 September 25th 2008, 3:02 am

I figured you would be dog.....Just testing....Oh and just a side note My Chevy is living proof that if you don't mess with a chevy it will run forever, may be bumpy and have its creaks and moan's (kinda like it's owner) but it starts and run's everytime....(now that I said that it will blow up its bullet proof 6, lol) Oh and yes I hate them all.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 25th 2008, 3:41 am

big dogs 42 wrote:Honey don't worry about being in the dog house! Surprised The big dog has a house out back if you need it you shouldn"t be chastized for telling the truth > Mad Funny thing is if a chebby or mopar lays down the gm boys don"t put any pictures on the this web site of them just the fords Rolling Eyes They must be camera shy i rememger a pontiac that was dumping gas at A newport show that steve went to help limp it in i belive it was blue and said gas tires and oil on the side Very Happy and let us not forget Steves Dodge it had something wrong with it for goodguys and the old time drags LRS30 member he could"t make it either even after i told him to bring it on my Ford was there waiting sunny Now we got problem for the pumkin run funny how this works!!! BUT THEM CHEBBYS ARE EASY TO WORK ON RIGHT BOYS YOU DO ENOUGH OF IT!! Oh BY THE WAY MACAINE/PAILEN IN 08 im AWAKE!! :king: lol!
lol Dog there was nothing wrong with my beater when Goodguys and Old Times Drags were going on. I was wanting to run my 34 down the track that day at Edgewater but no one wanted to go. I don't think too many want to compare milage on our hot rods, I'd say I do my fair share.
We don't take pics of our stuff broken down because it doesn't happen too often. I know you Ford guys have the line on that so I will leave it alone. Almost every cruise I've been on there been a Ford problem.
I'm not much on talk I like to see it. Let me get the Ford junk fixed on the 34 and we can bust them loose. $50.00 says I can suck the rest of that green paint right off the side of that late model of yours, even with the speed shop upgrades you have been doing. Twisted Evil
To be honest I don't get all the hype in any of the big 3. I've owned them all and all 3 have their downfalls. Age doesn't have anything to do with it either. I'd say I've more than likely own more cars than you.
460 with a blower in a pulling truck is a far cry from running anything I've own and beating it in the 1/4 mile. build another blown 460 and stick in in that late model and come and see me. Maybe I'll pull my T/A out of retirement for one more match. Laughing

Last edited by RebStew on September 25th 2008, 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 25th 2008, 3:45 am

CHEVYS ARENT THE ONLY ONE WITH LONGEVITY MY 95 F150 HAD 266000 MILES WHEN I SOLD IT AND HAD NEVER HAD THE ENGINE APART FOR ANYTHING JUST NORMAL MANT. cheers I HOPE YOUR CHEBBY RUNS FOREVER RYAN BUT IF IT DOSEN'T REMEMBER ITS NOT GM'S FAULT MACHINES WEAR OUT SOONER OR LATER !!! sunny IN THE FUTURE GM GUYS IF YOU BUY A FORD MAKE SURE ITS NOT ALREADY WORE OUT BEFORE YOU BAD MOUTH THE COMPANY THAT BUILT IT OR ITS PARTS Razz EVEN NEW YOUNG STUFF HAS PROBLEMS. Rolling Eyes EVEN HUMANS LIKE STEVE AND RYAN AND MYSELF ! :king: :king: ⭐ Reb that will be a long waite Laughing

Last edited by big dogs 42 on September 25th 2008, 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 25th 2008, 3:55 am

I feel the need to buy a Ford for some reason Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 September 25th 2008, 4:10 am

Reb i built a street 460 and put it in a 78 ford tbird and edgewater told me to take it home after it ran 9.90 in the quarter. Mad Until i put a cage and and safety stuff on it so i pulled it out and put it in my oil pulling truck and took the ktpa points championship that year . So be careful what you wish for Smile
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next